Thread: Hello All

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Default Hello All

Hi All,
    Although into 15mm Napoleonic Warfare, this is my first venture off dry land so to speak.
    Starter set and 2 1st Rates arriving by end of week so looking forward to Naval battles.
    I plan on trying to do some rigging and adding Rat lines to the ships once I've added some weathering.
    Would be grateful if anyone can direct me to a useful how to guide and the best place to get some brass rat line plates in the UK.
    Many thanks in advance.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Welcome from the Secretary to the Navy Board Mark.
    I would just like to extend a warm welcome to you from the Anchorage.
    You will be pleased to know that after a meeting of the members of the Navy Board convened to consider your application I have just been instructed to enabled your posting rights.

If you are unable to answer your questions about the site, do not hesitate to drop me a P.M.

You will find that the Sails of Glory Anchorage is a little different from most of the Game Forums out there. We have a wide range of Gamers from their 20s to even their 70s, from all over the world! Some of them are History buffs, some are modelling experts in a variety of media, but all of them love the games Sails of Glory. The one thing you are sure to find is a group of friendly people here who are glad to have you among their ranks, and who will quickly accept you as one of their own. So say hello, and join in with some of the conversations... before you know it you will be part of something that can be a lot more fun than may be expected.
    This article by Captain Duff might help you with the ratlines question.

https://www.sailsofglory.org/content...tures-Ratlines

Good luck and good sailing.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.