Thread: 2015 Solo Campaign Mission 10 - Becalmed by ShadowDragon

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Firstly, thanks for an enjoyable scenario AAR Paul. The story line was very believable.

I will explain the rules as I understood them when I sailed the mission.

However, these games were conceived for the enjoyment of the player, so any interpretation you may care to place upon them is up to you. It is not a campaign where sides are pitted against each other and rules must be followed to the letter. I often change ships, or stack the odds against the player’s ship to see if I can win from a disadvantageous position. It all adds to the fun if you do win. So feel free to manipulate the plot line to suit your story.
    Rob.
    Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. The only difference it would have made in my AAR was that the Africa would have had some wind in the last part of the game (last 3 photos). Looking at the photos I don't think it would have made any difference to the outcome.

I took the view that the scenario was for enjoyment and decided to just get on with a game. The game was interesting and the outcome believable. On to the next one.

FYI - I've taken to ordering non-Ares ships - 16th/17th century ships from Langton and Warfare miniatures. If they turn out okay, I will post.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I look forward to seeing them Paul.
    I also use Langton ships where the disparity in size does not matter, such as merchantmen and other none rated ships such as gun brigs an xebecs.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I look forward to seeing them Paul.
    I also use Langton ships where the disparity in size does not matter, such as merchantmen and other none rated ships such as gun brigs an xebecs.
    Rob.
    The two carracks I ordered should be fun! Will do them as older (for the early 17th century) Portuguese ships. Seems the ideal period for pirates!

and thanks for the rep.