Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Derby 2021.

With Dobbs on his voyage South and showing us what he and Suzanne are up to, here are a few shots from our last re-enactment of the year this weekend.

Drilling the Irish Pickets of the Jacobite army.
    Rob.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The pickets on guard duty.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And advancing.with more action shots of the battle to follow.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The government pickets forming up.
    Last edited by Bligh; 12-06-2021 at 08:54.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Government soldiers at arms practice.
    Last edited by Bligh; 12-06-2021 at 08:53.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Jacobite Army emerges through the mist.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Government skirmish line opens fire from behind the safety of a wall flanking the Jacobite advance.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

More Government troops arive to bolster the flank.
    Last edited by Bligh; 12-06-2021 at 08:52.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

More regulars including Scottish Loyalists arrive to bolster the main Army.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Jacobites open fire.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Government forces respond and take casualties in return.
    Last edited by Bligh; 12-06-2021 at 08:51.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Jacobites start to advance through the fog of war and the Gvernment troops deliver one last volley.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As the Jacobites charge, a sniper gets of one last futile shot from his blunderbuss.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Jacobite charge is successful and the Government troops are routed and flee from their defence of the Bridge over the river Trent. The gateway to London is now open and undisputed.
    Last edited by Bligh; 12-06-2021 at 08:56.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

In the aftermath of our victory, you can see myself with my Jacobite CO's lady who is a very old friend from the very early days of my re-enacting career.
    Last edited by Bligh; 12-06-2021 at 08:57.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Magnificent! I stand in envy of your wardrobe!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

All clothing made by my good Lady Dobbs. We could actually do with a bit more room in the actual Wardrobe.

Rob.