Ordinary Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Simon

Default A new shipping mate in France

Hello aboard,
    Glad to join the SOG Anchorage.
    I have discovered the age of sails theme through the french comic Les Passagers du Vent.
    Also enlisted on the WOG Aerodrome as Monse since 2011 and administrator of the french forum Le Cirque Volant dedicated to WOG.

“Monse Haillon” is just a personal trick of word for french word Moussaillon, that is a young shipping mate.
    Haillon means Rags in English.
    Last edited by Monse Haillon; 11-29-2021 at 06:24.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Welcome aboard Simon.
    Thank you for your letter to Santa.
    You will now discover that there really is a Santa Clause. Your Christmas wish has been granted.
    Go have a look under the Christmas Tree for a present labled French Fleet!

Père Noël.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruno

Bienvenue à bord Simon ,

Glad to see you joining : "Anchorage" , " les Passagers du vent " a beautiful reference

Today it's a great day Monse our French " Wing Commander " becomes Monse Haillon " Grand Amiral " of the French fleet

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A couple of corrections here Bruno. Simon is actually the French Paris Flight Leader, and second the French Fleet has a long way to go before we appoint a flotilla leader let alone a Commadore. There are a lot of log enteries between Landsman and Admiral.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruno

Yes of course , we all start step by step , we call sometimes Simon ( monse) French Wing commander or General like that on the oldest forum W.O.G since 2006 " le Cirque Volant " (Simon did so much for for Ares and W.O.G in France ) and we spend more time there than on " the Drome " it's normal because we are French

More seriously many of us hesitate to speak English on the forums it's a shame sometimes some miss things !

For the Admiral of the French Fleet, it's a personal joke of the Sails of Glory special page of our forum : https://wingsofwar.1fr1.net/t1321p75...-naval-wargame
    ( Come and say hello to us,with translator or not ? it will be our pleasure )

Thanks Simon for your letter to Santa Clauss , to Fox because now we are 3 new sailors ( Me , Chee and Monse Haillon ) to arrive here and thank you again to you Rob for the creation of the French Fleet today :

We are delighted

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No problems with that then Bruno, what your Matelots get up to on their own anchorage is their own business. If Fox did introduce you to the Anchorage I can credit him with three sponsorships by putting him down as such on your profile page. There seem to be enough of you to form a Flotilla. All I now need to see are a few AARs more to show how active you all are. Do any of you get to meet at shows or for private games either in person or on line?
    As for your shy friends. I bet my French is worse than their English.
    Sail safe.
    Rob.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Simon and Bruno.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

A belated welcome to you from me in Bristol uk