Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
Thanks Gary.
I hope it encourages others to explore the possibilities of what the game can produce. When we all started with just the handful of ships produced a decade ago, we never imagined that it would become the vehicle for exploring modelling, history, science, and providing us with a group of friends worldwide, plus the chance to meet at gaming events in Europe, America and Australasia.
It is a great game for which we must also thank Andrea for the concept, and all those others who spent time and effort playtesting the game.
I hope it continues to bring you pleasure for as long as it has for me.

Rob.
I think that 3D printing have changed the landscape of miniature games. I'm a member of a Black Sails Facebook group and not only are the 3D printed ships more historically correct, they are more detailed and better looking too.

To be honest, if Sails of Glory released another wave of ships I would probably still buy them so I had one or two of every ship they released, but I might just print the actual ships I would use. The accuracy and details of 3D printed ships are hard to meet by either metal or plastic casts.

Sails still have the bonus of having maneuver cards and the like that we still need and want for our games and many prefer the prepainted miniatures ready-to-play.