Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And again! From the harbour defences.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thankfully the return fire was not any better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0574.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-21-2021 at 09:46.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Further out to sea the Black Pearl was getting in on the action, as my treasure Galleon made a run for it along the coast and gave the nearest british ship a whiff of grapeshot. Coor blimey those Spanish bilges didn't half whiff an all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0575.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-21-2021 at 09:45.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Meanwhile one of my distraction slave crews take a bit of a bashing whilst in hot persuit of a target ship which is about to distinguish itself by running aground. This ship niffs a bit too! What are you trying to do to me Chris? Those slaves could at least have been put under the ships pumps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0583.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-21-2021 at 09:45.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now I can smell burning as well. Never mind if things are hotting up. This has turned a long end chase into a simple boarding action. Ramming speed, and lets all get off this ship before we get our toes singed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0584.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-21-2021 at 09:44.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ouch that hurt. This enemy fights hard, but at last the overwhelming hoard of slaves won through.

With my Treasure ship also safely docked it was mission accomplished.

However by a whisker Black Pearl escaped being boarded by my other slave manned frigate so in that area at least honours were even as both ships sailed off into the sunset.

Look out for part two of this campaign later.

Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0585.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-21-2021 at 09:44.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Second part of Chris's campaign.

Although I did not participate in the second action, I did manage to get a few photos during my wanderings through to the Wings games.
    A new set of objectives were set, and I'm sure Chris can explain them to you all.

You may notice that the British squadron seem to be biding their time as the hostilities kick off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0586.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-21-2021 at 09:43.