Thread: 2015 Solo Mission - Fishermans Shoals by ShadowDragon

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    That was a good battle with the main enemy being the reefs and shoals for both sides I think. The Brits did well to get away with that after a poor start.
    Thanks, Gary. The agility skill came in handy....as did that the wind veering at just the right time. But it really was a battle with reef, shoals and wind. On both sides of the island the wind increased to max level which left a smaller margin for error.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A very entertaining and dexterous encounter. If you are a bold captain and the wind favours you there are several choice open to you to escape the trap. If not your ship usually loses this one. In your case your captain took his chanced to very good effect.
    i have wondered about adding Dobbs' tidal rules to this one to test the captains even more, but decided that the game is taxing enough without even more complications.
    Congratulations on your escape.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    A very entertaining and dexterous encounter. If you are a bold captain and the wind favours you there are several choice open to you to escape the trap. If not your ship usually loses this one. In your case your captain took his chanced to very good effect.
    i have wondered about adding Dobbs' tidal rules to this one to test the captains even more, but decided that the game is taxing enough without even more complications.
    Congratulations on your escape.

Rob.
    I toyed with the idea that if the ship went at top speed - either because of full sails or because the wind picked up (as it did for both halves in my my game - that there'd be a chance of running aground even if there was no marked sandbar. I think I just forgot about that as I was playing but it didn't matter so much since top speed made hitting the gaps more challenging.