Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default HMS Culloden.

Can anyone please advise me on the best fit for stats and cards for the HMS Culloden.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Which one? 1776 wouldn't appreciably differ from SGN104, the later Ganges I'm not sure but might be a tiny bit better.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I think that Henry's is the Ganges one.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Correct, sir--the 1776 ship is just a "fat" (albeit only by about six INCHES IIRC) version of the Bellona-Arrogant-Edgar line, my chart for Ares has her slipstreamed onto SGN104 alongside her relatives.

The Ganges class... my first thought is start with SGN104 as a base, when I get back to the laptop this afternoon my time I'll see if I can find anything in Winfield and ask David Manley if he has time to suggest any warrented tweaks.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is very good of you DB.
    Thanks.
    Rob.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

GANGES Class. Edward Hunt’s only 74-gun design, to which three ships were ordered (it was revived for a further pair of ships in 1801, and in modified form for a sixth vessel in 1811). Fast and weatherly ships, if somewhat unstable.
    Dimensions & tons: 169ft 6in, 138ft 11žin x 47ft 4in x 20ft 3in. 1,656 64/94 bm. Men: 590.
    Guns: LD 28 x 32pdrs; UD 28 x 18pdrs; QD 14 x 9pdrs; Fc 4 x 9pdrs.

BELLONA Class. (SGN104) Thomas Slade design approved 31.1.1758. Five ships were built to this draught, but Superb was wrecked in 1783 and Dragon and Kent were sold in 1784.
    Dimensions & tons: 168ft 0in, 138ft 0in (?or 137ft 115/8in) x 46ft 9in x 19ft 9in. 1,60389/94 bm.
    Guns: 550. Guns: (original) LD 28 x 32pdrs; UD 28 x 18pdrs; QD 14 x 9pdrs; Fc 4 x 9pdrs. By 1807 (Bellona by 1812) each had QD 6 x 12pdrs + 8 x 32pdr carronades, Fc 2 x 12pdrs + 2 x 32pdr carronades.
    (BWAS 1793-1817, 2nd ed.)

This suggests to me that maybe Ganges would be a slightly faster maneuver deck, if we have something between D and B. I would assume that Ganges got the same "fleetwide carronade upgrade" as the older design. I question the assertion of upgrading the 9's to 12's though.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 09-09-2021 at 00:17.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks again DB. That seems to point to the Bellona stats then. as far as the deck goes for maneuver deck I will probably stick with D as I already have a spare. I will, nevertheless, give some thought to a special ability card for her.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Do you have a Ganges hull Rob?

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Henry Turner has one in his catalog.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yes thanks Chris I have one of those.

Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hi DB, yes I have the model, just cant remember if we got one with the ks was all.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Hi DB, yes I have the model, just cant remember if we got one with the ks was all.
    If you mean Henry's KS, yes--I got the entire pre-1816 class along with all the Canadas. Need to find somewhere to order the rest of the Intrepids and a buncha Nepomucenos, too...
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB