Thread: Hello From Cornwall, UK

Landsman
    England

Log Entries
    Name
    Nick

Default Hello From Cornwall, UK

I am Nick and I have just joined your community. I have been wargaming for around 12 months and I am starting to build quite a reasonable defence force, much to my wife's dismay! I have played Sails of Glory a couple of times with my nephew and I am sailing into hostile waters tomorrow with the Cornwall Wargames Association at Quintrell Downs. This will be my first exposure to Advanced Rules. I am very appreciative of the reference sheets I have been able to download from your site. A big thank you to whoever produced them. I am sure I will find them very useful tomorrow.
    Cheers
    Nick

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Nick.
    I can now give you an informal welcome to the Anchorage. I hope you will enjoy browsing our site and find a lot of the things you want.
    If you need any help with any of the rules, research or customising models just post here and someone can usually help out with an answer.
    Do pop into the Wardroom later for an informal chat and a drink with your new shipmates.
    May you always sail with a fair wind and a willing foe.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Welcome to you Nick, from me in Bristol, any questions just shout

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Hello and welcome to the Anchorage!

We try to answer any questions that may be put here.

We have some very knowledgeable members.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Hello Nick. My regular little group of Wings of Glory friends were not very interested in Sails of Glory and I have thought about joining a gamers group too. How often will your Cornwall Wargames Association play Sails games.