Thread: Blank Ship Cards

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Default Blank Ship Cards

Hello shipmates, I am probably going senile but a while back I thought there was some blank ship cards available for download. These had the arcs of fire each side but no name or stats on them. I was thinking about using my models doubles for other ships so they would be really useful if anyone has the link. I also thought someone had posted the font that is used too but maybe that was for WoG and not SoG.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Gary.
    The font I use for Sails is Bell Mt Bold. If you just compress it lengthwise a little it will pass for the actual font very well unless you need numerals which can look a bit odd.
    For that I usually take an existing card, and cut and shunt numbers or paste them into Photoshop from another card.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Is this the sort of thing you are after Gary?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Yes Rob that was exactly what I am looking for thanks.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Anything else I can help with just let me know. Between myself and Cptn Duff we have quite a few ship cards already done for non Ares ships. Dobbs also has some special ones for schooners and Lateen rigged sailing ships.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Depending on what ship you want it for you might want other sailing angles.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That can be done if needed, and Dobbs also has some interesting variations on that theme if you are interested.

Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Somewhere in the forum somebody and me posted a lot of ship cards for frigates with a lot of different nationalities.

I searched but couldn’t find them.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

The ones I posted is in this album.

https://sailsofglory.org/album.php?albumid=366

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I have a few blank cards I have amended from originals, ie Blank Temeraire and Elizabeth, now Canada and Edgar class so all you have to add is the ship name

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is a card for Alliance. i copied as you suggested USS Alliance, and wondered if the early ship should maybe have been the CN ship Alliance?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The ship card.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And the Ship Log.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Thank you all. I have downloaded and got a friend to print those pics in colour. I did have some base cards saved after all but not as good as yours.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I just knocked this one up for you too Gary. The crew numbers are as in my American sailing Navy book.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Thank you kind sir. Passed onto my long suffering friend Biggles Down under for the colour printing. I should get my own colour printer really. They are pretty cheap these days.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

If there are any more specials you need just let me know.
    Rob.