Thread: Internet woes

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Default Internet woes

I am hoping that today or tomorrow I will receive my new mesh modem router and two satellites. That should mean that I get a stronger and more consistent internet connection here at the back of my house. In my wife's office at the front where the modem is it is good. At the back, I am getting so fed up with frequent drop outs and seeing that my neighbours internet signals are much stronger than mine in my own house. I have lived here for 21 years or so and the internet has always been a problem. That originally comes from being the only house on my side of the street I think and the services not being provided to my side. I have had a legion of service providers come and tell me "all will be well", "we can fix that" etc etc. Tried satellite, and those power line paired gain adaptors too. Moral of the story is that if you ever move house, check out the internet connection before you sign on the contract's dotted line. In this day and age some things are more important than the real estate, such as easy access to the Sails web site.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Gary. My live in techi takes care of all that sort of thing for me, but still moans about how slow the download speed is.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Hooray my mesh system is up and running and it is so much better than the old one. I am glad I spent the money.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Then I give you joy of it sir.
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.