Thread: I'm Going to Be a Highland Laddie !

Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

We would not be in that because we haven't done Prestonpans for ten years.
    We did however see that Bonnie Prince Charlie Embroidery on the other clip. Eileen bought the book too and got the designer and quite a few of the embroiderers to autograph it. One of our members, Paul, was actually depicted in it.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    We would not be in that because we haven't done Prestonpans for ten years.
    We did however see that Bonnie Prince Charlie Embroidery on the other clip. Eileen bought the book too and got the designer and quite a few of the embroiderers to autograph it. One of our members, Paul, was actually depicted in it.

Rob.
    Well....here are some OLDER images of the battle reenactment....perhaps you lent your dulcet pear shaped tones to the sound track ? (-:
    B.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N299sYoF6vI

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Some of our mob were recognisable in the 2018 version Bill.

We were Rose and Thistle, I have friends in Claymore, and we regularly fought against Pultneys over the years.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Some of our mob were recognisable in the 2018 version Bill.

We were Rose and Thistle, I have friends in Claymore, and we regularly fought against Pultneys over the years.

Rob.
    So I take it you WEREN'T in the silent movie of the battle ? Was that you singing in the soundtrack ?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Bill.
    They said I was too old to be in the battle, and the only songs I could do were naval ones and also not acceptable to the Film Censor!

Bligh.