Hello! Glad to see communities built around all these "Glory" games by Ares!

I don't own any of the Glory games yet, but I'm eager to play because I do own X-Wing miniatures and have played in a few games at conventions - I heard the rules were very similar in how the game is played.

I like the similar rules enough that I want to buy one of the "Glory" games to get the rest of my family and our local gaming group into. We have a regular "board gaming night" every week where friends and family all get together and we pick a board game from a massive bookshelf to play. Our group has grown to the point that around 10 people can be counted to show up, so I was looking for a game which could support around 8 to 12 people of varying skills and interest in wargaming, to include old gaming veterans and even their small children (the youngest being around 10 years old). I remember hearing about Wings of Glory and was happy to hear the rules were very similar to X-Wing, so it sounded like the ideal game to support such a large group, and most importantly, not have the game take too long like some of the games we already play (because some of us have work the next day).

Other key factors to note are that I'm probably going to be the one to pay for most of the game and miniatures (The rules, accessories, and at least 8 miniatures to allow everybody else to use) in order to get any of them to play the game. I can't buy all the available Glory games (yet) so I want to make sure I start with the right one that would be great way to introduce a group to the rules. Right now, as I understand, there are four games to choose from: Wings of Glory WW1, WW2, Tripods and Triplanes, and Sails of Glory.

Of the four games I mentioned, which one would you personally recommend I start with considering the big casual gaming group I've described, who probably don't have any preference for any particular historical era of war, includes small kids, and probably won't buy any of their own miniatures (I'll always have to loan them one for the night)?