And now, taking lighting conditions on the reference painting into account, I'm thinking that Invincible and Minden will be trading names after a little detailing. Babypuke would be more consistent with the time of Invincible's launch anyway. Most of those are conjectural, so I would suggest that the best use anyone else can get out of my table there is as a template to build your own's formatting from. Given the very short rafting on the Ganges prints, I'm afraid finishing paintwork with those "wrap-around" LD stripes will have to wait until after de-rafting.

Right now I'm really glad that the "classic" Spanish Armada alternating-red-and-gold markings were long gone before our game's time... the options of forward-diagonal, backward-diagonal or chevron patterns would give visual differentiation and Eye Catching factor, but would be an abject NIGHTMARE to paint.

As an aside, I've been discussing some things with Miscmini over at the Aerodrome, and based on how big the flags are from San Ildefonso at Trafalgar and USS Chesapeake, he says that if we do all the size and pattern research work and come up with sufficient numbers he's open to the idea of developing a sheet of flags for us.