Question: How do private transactions work with UK imports, say if one of our members here was willing to help a shipmate out? Would having a US-based individual make the purchase then send them on "at cost plus shipping" be a viable end-run on the bureaucratic nightmare?

I routinely do trades with folks in Continental Europe, Canada and Mexico where we help each other find figures in another line and correct their manufacturer's incompetence in distribution, so it occurs to me that such an arrangement might work out here too... find someone in the UK who's near John and has something a US member wants, have the American partner buy the KS's and do a trade or trade-plus-cash-balance and Bob's Yer Uncle.

John, which ships are you interested in and Keith, what would the package cost including shipping to Seattle (ballpark with ZIP 98101, not mine but the Museum of Flight which I use for "rough estimates")? I've been looking at Capn Duff's aftermarket-bases project, so depending on cost might be open to doing a ships-for-spare-bases flip, or if John is game to try to ferret out a few things over there that I'm looking for that might be possible options too.

Just spitballing ideas...