Thread: What’s on your workbench for May?

Hybrid View

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Should I just figure on British Babypuke Yellow with Black for post-capture HMS San Josef, or go white or buff for the stripes? The only reference I've found under RN ensign is white as a gunnery training sip, but that's a good 20+ years after "end of game" and my preference would be more around the time Nelson broke flag aboard her while she was pinch-hitting for the burned Queen Charlotte.
    The painting I posted earlier of her had her with yellow over the two lower gun decks and black above. The painting was of the Nelson bridge.

I have painted her as I have seen her illustrated in Spanish service in pictures with four yellow stripes.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    The painting I posted earlier of her had her with yellow over the two lower gun decks and black above. The painting was of the Nelson bridge.
    True, which gives us her last day in Spanish service and her last years in the RN. I'm hoping to find something in-between so HMS San Josef model will be visibly different from ARS San Jose or ARS Purisima Concepcion even before the ensigns go on. :)

Nasty part on Ganges, looks like some of the stern painting has to wait until completion and derafting.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.