Thread: What’s on your workbench for May?

Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Interesting schemes DB, I undercoated in a Mid grey then used a lemon yellow for the sides of my Canada/Captain.
    For my Orion, for my Trafalgar set up, I was paining as per the pic from wiki showing a chestnut drown as per a museum model. If I don't like will overpaint in yellow again.
    So you're thinking more like Canada but with black strakes underlining the gunports rather than the blue "top and bottom"?

So far, this is the only good (using that word loosely, admittedly) reference I've been able to find for Majestic: https://www.stephensandkenau.com/ship/hms-majestic/

If possible, I'd like each of my nine Turner 74's to have a uniquely identifiable but historically as-accurate-as-possible scheme, like Canada's green beakhead or Captain's blue one, or Majestic's all-yellow gallery. IF I can ever get these four to a point where they pass community muster (masking is impossible at this size and the tremors don't help either) I'll post a detailed paints-used list.

EDIT: Ganges, Culloden, Tremendous, Invincible and Minden all now primed. In the absence of a true primer, 862 Black Gray seems to work better than 950 Black.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 05-03-2021 at 21:17.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.