Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
If it helps you can use my random cards for running aground which I will be employing again shortly. I am adding a few mor tweaks at the moment. Rob.
That's a good idea, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
I've always regarded these scenarios as a basis for an interesting game without having to think too much about the scenario and if you chose to change it that's fine and if you get a good game then that's all the original setter would wish, so go with your desire.

I enjoyed this as designed but I can see the way you're thinking and I'm sure that would give a good solo game just maybe a bit more work on the scenario.

I seem to have stalled on the next scenario, I started to play it and then realized I didn't understand the rules so will probably skip it. I'll be interested in your take on it when you get there.
I'm just thinking of something simple - roll each turn to see if the ship has run aground with the chance and severity increasing according to the speed. Then there'd be the tension of freeing the ship while the enemy approaches...and perhaps running aground too. On the other hand both Rob and you enjoyed the game as designed....so there's that. Should probably run the scenario both ways but I doubt I'd get around to doing that.