Thread: Doncaster 21. Message For Captain Duff.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Doncaster 21. Message For Captain Duff.

Hi Chris,
    As you will be aware from Raffer's post on the Drome, we are looking at ways of putting on the games to comply with Covid Rules which may apply in September.
    How many Sails games do we envisage putting on and could we look at possible ways of avoiding overcrowding the tables?

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hi Rob,
    For this coming year I do think a large game is out of scope, I was thinking of Basque Roads or the Saintes, but they will wait a bit.
    So if we can have the same room as last year , I think we can have up to three 4by4 tables se5 up and have each with a 2v2 set up.
    One table for SOL, one table Frigates and one for Pirates, to keep Simon Happy, I can supply ships etc, unless someone else wishes to use their own.
    We could have a couple of games Friday, say 6 games sat, one morning session and an afternoon session. Hows that sound.
    How about a Trafalgar cutting of the line, Victory v Santissima, or Some such.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sounds good to me Chris.
    I have offered Raffer a game for Friday afternoon already.
    I was hoping to put on something from First Barbary War which I had in hand for last year, but can easily cut down the action. First Tripoli Harbour only needs 3 attacking ships and the defenders can be auto run.

Also something for my HEIC like a cut down skirmish with the French at Pulo Aura.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I will work on a couple of scenarios for saturday, small actions and Im sure Simon will do Pirates.
    Do you want to run two versions of your Tripoli game, morning and afternoon?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Would rather do morning Trip and maybe HEIC in the afternoon, if that is OK. I was going to do one of them on Friday PM but whatever you think is best.

Rob.