Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Hot off the Press.

Home » News » Sails of Glory and Wings of Glory sets and game mats back in stock!

The reprints of Sails of Glory Starter Set and Game Mat, and Wings of Glory WW1 and WW2 sets and game mats have arrived in our warehouse in US and are ready to ship to distributors. Players who were waiting for these itens can ask their favorite local or online retailer to get them.

WW2 Battle of Britain Starter Set.

For Sails of Glory, the arrivals include the long awaited Starter Set and the Game Mat. For Wings of Glory lines, the WW1 Duel Packs and the WW1 Rules & Accessories Pack, and the WW2 Battle of Britain Starter Set are back, as well the three Game Mats - Countryside, City and Noman's Land.
    The reprints of the sets and game mats will also arrive soon in the Ares' warehouse in Europe - they are expected to be available in April 2021.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Great news, Rob!

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Wish we could get more breaking loose... if Ares could ever get moving on scenery I found a ready-made 3ds model of Morro Castle that they'd just need to rescale and adjust detail level on for ninety bucks.
    https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/e...illo-del-morro

All kinds of other interesting stuff on there... somebody tried to take up where WOTC left off and expand on Mongoose with 1/1800 WWII ships too.

Still radio silence here, nobody's talking to me about anything. Scenarios I see are Door #1 no progress and all bandwidth consumed by other things, Door #2 things are catastrophically sideways, or Door #3 I've become Burned or PNG'ed.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Silent for me on that bearing too.........

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Silent for me on that bearing too.........
    That or they're still salty over the criticisms from Waves 3/4 and dropping further development in favor of "wring as much out of the sunk costs as we can then drop in favor of the new Pirate line, then maybe come back later after everybody's forgotten the past."

Thanks for the reassurance that it's probably not Door #3 for me unless all of us are in the same boat... :)
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is a mighty nice looking model of Morro Fort DB.
    The detail is superb. Just a shame about the conversion price. If I had not already got Julien's I might be tempted.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.