Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Comments thread.

PLEASE ADD ANY COMMENTS YOU HAVE HERE SHIPMATES.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Life is an enigma....

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Just saw all these categories and immediately wondered if the showcase is exclusive to Ares SoG ships, or are all ship models allowed?
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

If the ships are 1000th scale and are an integral part of your Fleet you may include them Jim.
    The admiralty board are also looking into a section for Forts and Set pieces like Harbours Islands etc.
    I see no reason why we may not decide to include other scal ships also if this idea takes off, probably a section for single ships as well but this has as yet to be discussed.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

My vote is maybe scales other than 1/1000 have their own section?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is under consideration Dobbs, when we see how the rest takes off.
    However, as we already have threads to cover new builds, conversions and, repaints this may just be duplicating the material. I will take your suggestion back to the Admiralty Board for discussion.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 03-26-2021 at 01:18.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    If the ships are 1000th scale and are an integral part of your Fleet you may include them Jim.
    The admiralty board are also looking into a section for Forts and Set pieces like Harbours Islands etc.
    I see no reason why we may not decide to include other scal ships also if this idea takes off, probably a section for single ships as well but this has as yet to be discussed.

Rob.
    Thanks for the reply and clarification, Rob. Looking back at some of my 'builds' I don't think I ever focused on actual fleets. Prior to the release of Sails of Glory I spent time on ship builds using primarily Langton ships (1/1200); with lots of advice from Rory, Vol and others. I'll be interested to see what materializes on the forums, but I don't anticipate posting photos as I have more one off ship builds and not fleets per se. And pirate fleets don't count.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Pirate Fleets could be an added section Jim.
    I have got to put my Algerines somewhere, and also my Chilean ones too.
    Maybe a miscellaneous thread would cover all that sort of one off Fleet or Squadron which was not large enough to split up.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I just posted my Spanish Fleet to get the ball rolling.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for adding your American ships Dobbs. You are the first poster on the showcase other than myself.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Thanks for adding your American ships Dobbs. You are the first poster on the showcase other than myself.
    Rob.
    There will be more to come!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Very enterprising Dobbs. I am attempting to emulate you as fast as I am able, and will post as soon as I get the two schooners completed.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I can see why you like yor Bomb Ketch so much Dobbs.
    She is a beauty.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thank you for the rep Paul for both my Navy posts.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

THanks again Paul for getting the British First rates started.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ditto that for your French and Spanish, which I have just seen Paul.
    Rob.

Ditto that for your French and Spanish, which I have just seen Paul.
    Rob.
    More to come - 3rd Rates will be next but only after I play the next 2015 campaign scenario.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Your French and Spanish ships are looking very fine Chris.

Rob.