A number of us indulged in the recent Kickstarter project from Henry, here on the forum.
So I thought I would show the newly acquired ships in comparison to the Ares versions.
These are the Spanish ships and I do not have the masts as yet, but I will show the hulls and hopefully you can see what they are like and maybe get some yourself, if you have access to a printer, all these are now available on Henry's site, I will get a link posted if enough interest.

so Here is Ares Mahonesa Frigate

Here next to it is Herry Mahonesa class, please excuse the horrible paint job, in my excitement upon receiving I undercoated straight away, but I dont think the model was cured enough and so am having a devil of a job, but if this fails I can get another

as you can see this actually looks a bit smaller than the Ares version, yes I can hear you all gasping, so with this one take your choice, I have all 6 Ares Mahonesa so this was purely to look at for me, but I am sure I will find a use.

Next here is Henry's Santissima, next to our own Clippers version ( all hail Clipper and the Elves), these look pretty much the same with Henry's being a bit larger, so am happy here

Now we get to it, here is Ares Santa Anna

now next to Henry's Spanish 1st Rate

As you can see not MUCH difference, unfortunately cant do a full check as no masts as yet, but hull wise this really looks the part to me at least.

Next Ares Spanish 74

Again I think the pics say it all, just need to get the painting correct, but the new ships are bigger are they not. I intend to replace most of my Spanish now, sell off my first rates and maybe relegate my 74 to 64s, especially when the Nepo comes along.

Lastly a couple of pics showing Henry's 74 with Ares 1st wave

comparing to Brit 74, think this is the Elizabeth class

and a French Temeraire class

Once I get masts and the Brits I will post more.

For me, nicely done Henry thanks a lot