Thread: Cheers from Italy

Landsman
    Italy

Log Entries
    Name
    Roberto

Smile Cheers from Italy

Hello to you all here at the Anchorage!

Here is an italian captain, playing Sails of Glory since a couple of month having received the starter box as a gift. I play it with my wife and son - they normally allied against me. The pandemic restrictions gave us more occasions to stay at home and play together: we amuse ourselves with board games - not only SoG, of course!

Where we live there's no sea (just few nice lakes) than our desire for saltiness breeze lives just in summer when we use to rent a sailboat and we sail offshore ocean waters.

Nice to meet you here, thanks for having a space where to share our age of sail and sea (armchair) adventures.

Roberto

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to have you alongside Roberto. As I said in my welcome PM to you It is great to share the best name in the world. Welcome to the Anchorage on behalf of all your new shipmates. I know how you feel about the sea. Apart from the river about a mile from my home there is 80 miles to the nearest coast whichever way we set out.
    Enjoy your time here, and may you sail safe with a fair wind and a willing enemy.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Welcome aboard, Roberto. Hope you and your family get lots of fun playing SoG - and maybe that fun will continue after we all get through this pandemic mess.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Welcome to you Roberto, if we can offer advice or rules assistance, dont hesitate to ask.
    Have fun with this great game

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Roberto, from here in the United Kingdom. Do explore this website because there is much here to add to your enjoyment of the game.

Landsman
    Italy

Log Entries
    Name
    Roberto

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Hopefully this weekend there shall be naval skirmish time on our table.
    I'm planning to setup "Aganst the Outpost" scenario from SoG rulebook, with some variations, in order for the defender to get reinforcements arriving during the battle - the outpost defender starts with less power than the attacking forces.
    It should be interesting...but not only! The reason for this setup is primarly to let my wife and me start playing, waiting our son entering the scene (as reinforcement to my wife) after having completed his school homeworks.

Have a nice weekend

Roberto

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Have a good game Roberto, and do try and take a few photos of your game. With lockdown we are all starved of gaming pictures.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.