Thread: Winter...Winter....Winter....

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Default Winter...Winter....Winter....

I looked out my window earlier today and saw the US Coast Guard icebreaker Penobscot Bay clearing ice for river traffic. We are expecting yet another big snow storm (the third one in two weeks) starting tomorrow morning into Friday afternoon -- at least another 7 inches of snow, possibly more.....yeeech....

Name:  USCG Penobscot Bay 3.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  202.5 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

We saw the last of our snow the day before yesterday, although there is still some in the hills. It has got much warmer today with the cold front being pushed away by weather from the South West.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Could be worse... better you than me.

Remember the game Frogger? When your day starts with playing that For Real Marbles dodging 18-wheelers driven by reckless idiots every morning, snow and ice become Persona Maxima Non Grata real fast.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

This post needs more pictures of icebreakers

Name:  PolarStar.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  88.6 KB

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Somebody needs to tell that dapper little fellow he better get to waddlin' out of the way...
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Ok here is another ice breaker but a wee bit smaller. Near my cousins' house actually:

https://youtu.be/laPx3aIvVss

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Another great clip showing life as it is lived on your side of the Pond Eric. We don't have anything like that here.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.