Thread: What's on Your Workbench for January 2021

Hybrid View

Thanks guys, and thanks for the rep points Rob. Are these battle sails what you had in mind Rob?

Jim I could devote more time to the hobbies and wish I could. But at this stage of my life I am more concerned with staying active and mobile. Sitting for long hours bent over a desk painting and rigging frankly hurts these days. So I spend most of my days moving around, taking walks, working out, doing honey-do list stuff, outside and inside maintenance chores, etc. The hobby time is limited to one hour at a sitting max. This can occur more than once a day, but sometimes it is only a half hour before I start to stiffen up and have to move. Such is my life.
    Last edited by Volunteer; 01-24-2021 at 09:25.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Thanks guys, and thanks for the rep points Rob. Are these battle sails what you had in mind Rob?

Jim I could devote more time to the hobbies and wish I could. But at this stage of my life I am more concerned with staying active and mobile. Sitting for long hours bent over a desk painting and rigging frankly hurts these days. So I spend most of my days moving around, taking walks, working out, doing honey-do list stuff, outside and inside maintenance chores, etc. The hobby time is limited to one hour at a sitting max. This can occur more than once a day, but sometimes it is only a half hour before I start to stiffen up and have to move. Such is my life.
    I can empathize completely with your situation Vol. I'll be hitting 69 this year and I avoid sitting in place for too long for the same reasons you've shared. It was only recently that the doctors told me the stress from being hunched over models may impact tinnitus in older adults. Having cut back on the modeling time has reduced that problem as well as eye strain and some other issues too. Getting old does suck at times!
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    I can empathize completely with your situation Vol. I'll be hitting 69 this year and I avoid sitting in place for too long for the same reasons you've shared. It was only recently that the doctors told me the stress from being hunched over models may impact tinnitus in older adults. Having cut back on the modeling time has reduced that problem as well as eye strain and some other issues too. Getting old does suck at times!
    Yep, me too, 69 in April

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Those are exactly what I had in my mind's eye Jim.
    Without wanting this thread becoming a I take more pills than you do brag, I can also empathize. At almost 74 I have been on a walk 10,000 paces a day and don't spend more than half an hour at a time on the computer. My hip and leg has been locking up for some time now if I stay in the same position for too long. fortunately I can walk it off after about ten minutes. As Jim says age is a big down hill slide.
    The only thing I can say that is worse than that is not getting old.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.