Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    You are going to need very big movement cards for that one Dobbs.
    Rob.
    That's Very funny! I did some rough calculations and a single card would cover an area about 4x my property. I think my neighbors would not approve of a whole deck...

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Thanks Jim, and thank you for the rep points. Yes I think Rory would have liked this. I sure miss talking with him about ships.

And thank you Rob and Eric for the kind comments.

Tonight I started the laser cut wooden schooner my daughter gave me for Christmas. The Chinese instructions are kicking my butt! LOL
    Are you using Google to try and translate any of the Chinese? I suppose copy and paste isn't an option from the printed directions? I do know that Google can translate Mandarin but not Cantonese.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    looking very promising Vol. A new challnge is just the sort of thing we need to get through lockdown. First thuogh i must learn Chinese. Is it in Cantonese or Manderin?
    Rob.
    Haha you tell me Rob!
    Name:  20210128_124816.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  140.1 KB

It is taking nearly every clamp I own!
    Name:  20210128_135903.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  201.8 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Manderin ducks for cover. Because ducks float

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post

It is taking nearly every clamp I own!
    That is more clamps than I can muster at that size Vol.
    Mine seem to have got lost or succumbed to disintegration over the years much like me.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    That's Very funny! I did some rough calculations and a single card would cover an area about 4x my property. I think my neighbors would not approve of a whole deck...
    Just watched your video clip on Suz Blog. Coming along nicely. Just wish we could still get decent Mahogany easily over here.
    Rob.

This is much more difficult than the small ships.
    Name:  20210130_200611.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  202.3 KB

I put together all of the deck furniture and other accessories while waiting for glue to dry
    Name:  20210130_200344.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  183.2 KB
    Name:  20210130_200539.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  174.4 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looks like a 3D jigsaw puzzle with no pictures Vol.
    Rather you than me. I'm sure it will be good when its finished though.
    Rob.

Yes a whole different ballgame and with Chinese instructions too! I have a stack of 15mm scale (1/100) Great Lakes ships I will get to someday. The trouble is they are just big enough to be more like a ship model similar to this one! I even ordered blocks and such from Model Expo. Always been tempted by their Model Shipways kits, a project for retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Yes a whole different ballgame and with Chinese instructions too! I have a stack of 15mm scale (1/100) Great Lakes ships I will get to someday. The trouble is they are just big enough to be more like a ship model similar to this one! I even ordered blocks and such from Model Expo. Always been tempted by their Model Shipways kits, a project for retirement!
    A stack Dobbs? I think a stack of these things would shorten my life due to stress!