Thread: Why are SOG notifications going to SPAM?

Default Why are SOG notifications going to SPAM?

For some reason all email notifications are going straight to the Spam folder if you have gmail. I have seen other comments about this. Below is a screen shot of the gmail advisory on the email from SOG

Name:  Screenshot_20201223-213126_Google Play services.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  65.0 KB

Maybe someone with better computer skills can decipher what the problem might be?

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Well, that's a bother. I know Rob has reported issues of a similar nature?
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Seems as though Sails and the Drome are being treated as Spam sites for some unknown reason.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Same thing happened to me, but a quick check in the spam folder and notifying the filter that the Anchorage and Aerodrome were trusted has sorted the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Same thing happened to me, but a quick check in the spam folder and notifying the filter that the Anchorage and Aerodrome were trusted has sorted the problem.
    I am not sure how to do that in gmail David.
    I have identified them as "Not Spam" but they keep going to the spam folder.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My notifications are not even getting as far as my Spam Folder.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Interesting development this morning all of my SOG email notifications are in my In-Box! And I did nothing more than I already tried without results. Very strange!

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

...In the spirit of Monty Python there's a joke to be had here about the Aerodrome....flying spam...but I just don't have the energy......

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    ...In the spirit of Monty Python there's a joke to be had here about the Aerodrome....flying spam...but I just don't have the energy......
    Would you be referring to this?

"It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For some unknown reason, my notifications were restored suddenly last evening. I discovered it this morning, and they are still coming through. I did nothing to initiate this. Has anyone else found their mail restored ?
    Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

I had to brute-force it by adding a filter that automatically diverts everything to a folder.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just wish I could stop every photo I post, also duplicating it by adding it as an attatchment to the bottom of the post.
    That's been going on for months now.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    For some unknown reason, my notifications were restored suddenly last evening. I discovered it this morning, and they are still coming through. I did nothing to initiate this. Has anyone else found their mail restored ?
    Rob.
    Yes Rob I posted about it above on Dec 27
    Although they are still showing up with a question mark beside them and Gmail is still saying they are unauthenticated mail
    Here is the gmail advice screenshot again
    Name:  Screenshot_20210105-135726_Google Play services.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  65.8 KB