Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
I like your Dutch 74 Henry. Is that any specific ship or just a generic type?
Rob.
It's an early kit of mine which I intend to redo, I just attempted to give it a new lease on life by updating the deck fittings and planking to be more in-line with my current models. It's a hybrid kit that's got two stern options included to allow for the printing of either Washington or Prins Maurits. I wouldn't say it's a totally accurate model, but it roughly corresponds to the 74s like Vrijheid.

By the way, everyone, here's a rather daft question I ought've asked earlier - is there anything I should do on the 1/1000 sculpts to make them visually compatible with Ares' ships?

Looking at the ships, I see some have spars across their spar decks, with boats stowed as if the ships aren't in combat, and there are also the large flagstaffs on the stern - is there any consistency with this stuff? I assume people won't want me to put a large flagstaff, but how about flag poles - are they needed for attaching paper ensigns for gameplay purposes? As for spars and boats - it's always been my policy to not include them because the spars would be taken down and the boats trailed behind the ship in combat. But will that make my models stick out?