Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
Just an FYI, if you haven't sourced plans on Bonhomme Richard yet, Jean Boudriot's forensic reconstruction from her sisters seems to be the best available--it's what we used for the Ares model, but I know if you "backdated" her to as-originally-built (basically Jones had the quarterdeck extended about eight feet forward to wrap around the mizzenmast, IIRC) I'd be interested in four to upgrade my French EIM group. Can't make promises about timing, but it's definitely a "when" question rather than an "if."
I've got ahold of 'em aye! I'll look into how the model might have variants to it when I actually get to starting the project. But I have done different versions of the same ship in the part (e.g. the three sub-types I made for Magicienne or the Carnatic/Courageux model).

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
I am a bit late to this discussion, but from what I have read I am very enthusiastic.
I will go back to the kickstarter and take another look.
Initially I only saw a scale of 1/700 and 1/1200, but the sculpts look very good and another source of ships cannot be sneered at.
I may get my HMS Mars now as per my avatar.
By the way welcome to Henry
Glad to hear it's of interest :) Yes, 1/1000 will be covered! If you spot any areas on the Kickstarter where I've made that ambiguous, please do let me know and I'll amend things.