Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
Personally I'm fine with it as long as I can eventually buy the stretched models at a later date along with 1000th masts and sails. I was intending to do that anyway, once you have cleared your backlog.
Rob.
Sure, I'm perfectly happy to offer that - it's not a question of being unwilling to furnish the models, more being in a bit of a panic about the sheer volume that need to be produced within a defined window!

I also have to admit that, the damages suffered by customers in the US and Australia before, when I've shipped there, have left me very nervous - I'd been sending bare hulls simply padded in shredded newspaper, and cannon/lantern breakages were unfortunately common. So this time I'm going to be wrapping the ships in tissue, then in "sausage rolls" of bubble wrap, with more bubble wrap lining the box and shredding to buffer it all up. I hope that'll be enough!

This all sounds sort of silly on the surface (and very much a matter of common sense) but it's interesting what little hurdles you can come up against when going into miniature selling/production for the first time!

What I hope, one day, is to either:
-Move to a new home where I can accommodate 2-3 printers
-Hire someone/outsource my printing
-Find someone who's willing to buy a commercial licence

Any of the above would allow me to do all this much more comfortably :) Suffice to say the current setup is less than ideal (tiny digs in a small square room; my bed's just beyond that radiator!):
Name:  oTsKbhN.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  96.1 KB

Hoping I'll be able to move out soon(ish) upon "striking lucky" with a secondary Kickstarter. My current model is to put out an Age of Sail one every 3-4 months, on a rolling basis, that'll bring in enough to keep me doing all this full-time, but I currently dedicate about 2 hours a day to side projects; one of which I'm very enthusiastic about but keeping a lid on for the time being :) Idea is to use that time to create the odd "experimental" Kickstarter, which is already ready upon being announced (so as to guarantee I don't take any time away from my existing commitments) that could prove fiendishly popular or an utter bomb.

Guess I'm a gambler :)