Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
Thanks Henry I have my link!

BTW as someone who has pledged a number of Kickstarters, including SOG, I think you are doing a great job with updates and getting pledges out.

Also I did want to ask about printers. Do you have any recommendations for a resin printer?

I was looking at these:

https://www.anycubic.com/collections...cubic-photon-s

https://www.elegoo.com/collections/m...lcd-3d-printer

Would these types of consumer/hobby printers work for the 1/700 ships?

Thank you :)

I'm not much of a printer myself, ironically - by which I mean to say that I don't do a good job keeping my thumb on developments in the market and I only really use my own printer to test print my designs (don't use it much recreationally). But I am very fond of my Elegoo Mars 2 Pro; it's got an entry-level price point and one of the new LCD screens that prints about twice as fast as the previous generation's and lasts longer to boot (sadly LCD screens are considered "disposable parts" within the SLA printing community! They usually last about 6 months, I'm told, though mine has yet to fail because I use it so infrequently (we'll see if I'm still saying that after printing 125 ships!)

I gather that the Photon is about equivocal to an Elegoo Mars, but I don't know if what you've linked are of the new generation with the better screens that I've mentioned.

I know there's a new printer doing the rounds called a Phazon or a Phrozen or something like that... it's much more expensive but has a better print resolution; it was using one of those that one of my backers printed my ACW figures in 6mm with all the details preserved. Sorry I can't be of more help, I can't remember the model name and can't find the post where it was mentioned >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
In addition to printer information I'd be interested if you (or anyone) could recommend folks who do 3D printing on demand? The Wargaming3D website lists independent 'licensed' printers, but most of the links are broken?

I'm afraid I don't know any that I'd trust. Obviously there's Shapeways but their prices are so ridiculous I closed my shop there (even though people would buy my models, I felt I couldn't in good conscience allow them to pay those kinds of prices).

My recommendation's always going to be for people to either individually try get into printing themselves or do it as part of a group effort - ultimately if you print, say, 10 3rd rates (or larger) the printer's already paid for itself. I'd say the only reason to pay other people to do it is if printing is just totally beyond you/far too impractical for your living situation (and to be honest, I don't think I'll be doing much printing myself once this project is over as I've found that stinking out my bedroom/splashing resin everywhere isn't a good idea in a room that's about 2.5x2.5m!)

I wanted to share some pictures with you guys. Neil Mason shared these in my community group on Facebook, they're the 1/1000 sculpts - which I hadn't at the time test printed so I'm very grateful to him for having done it for me! They're Fenix and San José:
Name:  fWp7qCJ.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  126.6 KB

Name:  N6NrZ5m.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  166.1 KB

Interestingly the mad lad supported them using Chitubox's auto support feature... which in my view is just utter madness. Great job that it worked out for him! In my experience that usually results in the model going splash in the tank :P

Currently working on Victory and the Ganges-class, will then go into overdrive with getting the physical models manufactured and sent out.