Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
For keeping your 1/1000 ships similar to the Ares ones, having the headsails and spanker drawing as though the ship is on a port tack would be good. Heck, there might be a market for new headsails for some of the tack "confused" Ares models!

While many folks have complained about the bracing behind the sails, it does make the miniatures less fiddly as gaming pieces. I vote for them. I also favor full sails as compared to battle sails. They look more dramatic.

No flag poles.

No boats.

I've noticed that the larger scale ships have gunport lids. The Ares miniatures do not.
My suggestion would be flags and boats as optional accessories, have the end-user drill their own mounting holes if desired. That way those who want 'em can have 'em and those who don't aren't stuck performing extra surgery.

I suspect Ares skipped port lids for durability reasons, we all remember the nightmare of Wave 2's broken mast epidemic. So there I might suggest saving port lids for last to-do, save the STL there for an "Ares Style" then add them for the final "Traditional Accurate Model" file.