Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
Please accept my apology for the underperformance of your allied AI captain. He has been berated.

That's a really neat idea to have the AI as an opponent and one as an ally. I must try that too!

I'm really surprised. Captain Armand should have made a better showing for himself. Oh well, that's probability for you.
The AI performed well enough, but there's always the edge of the world (mat) effect. The Dryade was near the edge of the mat and I had to intervene with a hard turn - either port (downwind) or starboard (upwind) would have done and the probability went with the former. That would have been fine if the Spanish galleon had headed for the Dryade but it went for the Hermione instead which meant the Dryade ended out of range and having to beat upwind to get into action.

That worked great for storytelling as I could work in the turbulent times of the French revolution. Yesterday's patriotic hero is today's traitor. It will fit in nicely with the next scenario since Gabriel will find out that nearly all of his Gascon and Vendean crew are royalists who take a dim view of decapitating their king.