Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I was not suggesting that the other Navies are supplied with ships Jonas, but with all respect the Scandinavians, and much as I hate to say this, wishing I had Russians and Dutch fleets as well as your own and Danish, there are not a vast number of members in those countries to bring pressure onto Ares. The Americans are by far the largest and, thanks to DB, influential market as indicated by the membership here on the Anchorage. I am not saying I like the status quo but realistically I don't see Ares venturing into those areas of a niche market within a niche market. Maybe I should have said, “least catered for within the market we can reasonably hope to see Ares extend".
    Rob.
    I am surprised a bit by your assumption of American's ability to play any conflict they as a country wasn't involved in.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    I am surprised a bit by your assumption of American's ability to play any conflict they as a country wasn't involved in.
    I think wer are misunderstanding each other here Jonas. I did not intend to suggest that The Americans were either able or unable to play anything they wanted to. Just that they were a lot of them and a lot of buying power. As far as I know they quite happily play French, Spanish Algerienes, British etc, but they should be able to field a reasonable navy of their own to prevent interest from flagging.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.