Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Splitting card decks?

Having now split my decks into two with one of each card in the deck for one card at a time games Ihave found a fly in the ointment.
    The taken aback and damage to mast cards only have one of each type in a deck. If any of you have used the one card system and know thw answer to this could you please let me know before I go and print loads
    of sets of these particular cards.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Alex

Rob,

I am not sure I understand the question your asking, but will take a shot at it? Since you never "play" the taken aback or broken mast cards (they are substituted in for the card you actually played), you only need one of each. In the standard rules you need two of all the other cards to handle the case where you want to play the same veer back to back.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

They are rarely used, so I have them to hand and swap them into a ships deck if needed for a turn.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Alex

Yea, I would think if you want to split a deck between two players, you could just leave all the taken aback and broken mast cards in a pile off to the side and use them as needed.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks chaps.
    That would work for me. I am getting very good at overlooking the obvious as I get older and more set in my thinking.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.