Threaded View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    I was looking here and on the 1812 thread but could not find any lake ships. Niagara/Lawrence would of course be iconic. Do they not make the size cut, I thought they were larger than the Cruzier class brigs? There are larger ships from the lakes that might work in the US scheme like Saratoga https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Saratoga_(1814) or General Pike
    The problem is, Lakers generally had no path to open ocean so pretty much their only viable opponents are each other. It's not an opposition or hostility to them--hell, I'd propose to give them an entire parallel line with its own Starter box akin to the coming pirate spinoff--just that the open-ocean fights are higher priority and offer more game possibilities. There *were* several Lakers based on the Cruizer design and brig-rig versions of the Peacock-group hull, so those sculpts could be leveraged too. That and the nightmare of one-offs that Eckford and company cranked out at Presque Isle...

We're not just up against a size floor, but a population floor too. I've made an informal proposal suggesting that Ares partner with Henry Turner on Wargaming3d where they develop stat packages and he the models for ships too small or "too close to existing sculpt" to ever join the official catalog.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 12-08-2020 at 16:30.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.