Thread: American Frigates

Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Hey Rob, would you mind taking a look at the plates in the PDF linked above and comment about if there are any ships you'd be comfortable passing off as each other? We're probably only gonna get at best ONE sculpt for anything smaller than the Hornet-Peacock-Ontario Group, so we need as big of a tolerable cluster for large schooners and small brigs as we can get, even with me planning to cheat and use the enlarged rebuild of Enterprise as "base hull" to get us above the 28m floor.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

If all those are to the same scale I would be happy to accept any of them as each other for the non purists amongst us.
    Seems tat they come in twogroups really. Argus, Constallation Essex and new York look pretty much alike save the rails and that is easy to alter if you care that much. Vixen and Wasp certainly have a different hull profile, but the difference seems to be mainly below the waterline so would probably not matter too much to us. If we can get any ships built I would frankly settle for a generic one chosen from any of the above.
    Why not stick this in the Admiralty and ask for opinions there, or even PM the Stats Committee for a crit if they are not reading this post. So far at some time, apart from we two, the following have either visited or answered this thread:-

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.