Thread: Ship Base Cards and a Couple of Questions

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Default Ship Base Cards and a Couple of Questions

Can anyone direct me to printable ship base cards for the USS President and the USS United States both 1797 heavy frigates at 44 guns ? Do printable ship logs exist for these ships as well ?

Same questions for the 38 gun frigates Congress, Constellation, and Chesapeake ? Or the 36/32 gun USS Essex ?

Any hobbyists out there who would be willing (for a modest fee) to do a conversion of existing Ares ships for any of the above ? I'd try to do it but I am afraid the end product would look like a victim of an ax murder...

I figure I am going to die of old age by the time Ares puts out any US Navy ships for the War of 1812, Barbary Wars, or the Quasi-War -- so I am trying to take effective action in the interim.

Bill

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Base cards will probably be same as Constitution for President and United States. We've never taken the variant armaments up, really, but since I think you have a Stats Committee cred now that would be a really good "first project" for you to bring to our table as Project Officer on. :)

Constellation I think you've seen my spitballing on, and that might also be a Project Candidate... overall, our game is "find the closest matches above and below what we're trying to cook stats for, figure out which one it's closer to and by how much then split the difference accordingly."

If you're not "Scale Purist," since Ares seems to have drifted somewhere between 1/1000 and 1/1200 you might be able to fake the 38's and Essex with Langton models in the meantime.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am quite happy to have a play with producing both cards and ship mats for any of the US ships that you want as long as I am given all the details, ship names flags etc.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.