Landsman
    Singapore

Log Entries
    Name
    Lutz

Default Transport Ideas????

Hi

Just a question.
    I am still paiting and upgrading my ships (the 1/2 are finsihed now), so I am starting to think about
    how to store and transport them? These small boxes by Ares are not perfect.
    How to you do this? Ships, cards, maybe islands?
    Searching for ideas

Best,
    Lutz

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Good question... many of us are still experimenting.

In my case...
    *Starters - still in original boxes.
    *Kickstarter Exclusives - the four I opened are in a third Starter box, along with a Mat set, a Counter set, a set of Terrain Packs, basically only missing the rulebook to be a homemade full Starter.
    *Oceans, Victory and Constitution - 1-2 each in these: https://reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/u...b00_7litre.php
    *Meregildos, non-Victory British First Rates and 74's - 1 ship with base/cards/etc in each box on these: https://reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/u..._3litreOrg.php
    *64's and smaller - 2 ships per box with bases/cards/etc in each small case on these: https://www.irisusainc.com/extra-lar...eper-kp-xlpho/

Still trying to figure out an outer tote big enough to hold everything but small enough to fit in the car...
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

All mine are still boxed and just go into a travelling trolly for transporting Lutz
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

This is one good thin about Ares not being so aggressive about expanding Sails... I think I can fit everything Sails into just one of these:
    https://www.sterilite.com/SelectProd...=277&section=6

while WGF and WGS would probably each require 2 or 3 if not more.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Able Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Roméo

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrell63 View Post
    Hi

Just a question.
    I am still paiting and upgrading my ships (the 1/2 are finsihed now), so I am starting to think about
    how to store and transport them? These small boxes by Ares are not perfect.
    How to you do this? Ships, cards, maybe islands?
    Searching for ideas

Best,
    Lutz
    That's a very good question. Actually carrying the ships is already a tough task but I'm even more worried about the day when I have to carry islands and scenery. I think there is no option but to get a luggage like yours, Rob. On one hand, I know it depends on the scale of the chosen wargame for choosing the right suitcase but on the other hand, one doesn't wanna destroy everything just because the equipment was not optimal.
    "Les passions sont les vents qui enflent les voiles du navire ; elles le submergent quelquefois, mais sans elles il ne pourrait voguer."
    "Passions are the winds that fill the sails of a ship ; they sometimes overwhelm her, but she could not sail without them."- Voltaire

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The beauty about the trundle box I use is that you can bungee a couple of plastic foam lined plastic boxes on the top to hold extras or scenery.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.