Thread: Stats for ships.

Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Excellent question, though I'm not sure we ever finished building a framework to try to answer it. Really, this game isn't built for anything below 14-16 guns... had Andrea brought me in at the conception I would have told him to build out the entire stat range, starting with say a 10-gun brig and building up all the way to Santissima Trinidad, from square one.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Guess I will just have to see what fits the game play for any particular scenario we are doing and adjust as best I can. then DB. Thanks fot your answer.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

I'm picturing sailing decks G or C for galleys, C or A for gunboats. A rowing vessel must come to a complete stop before pivoting and may pivot up to 90 degrees. Pivoting vessels move before all vessels using cards. A vessel that has pivoted may move at a speed of 1 using a card on the next turn. Galleys and gunboats do not need to plan two cards ahead. They only plan the card for the upcoming turn.

In reverse, they cannot move at greater than speed 1 or turn tighter than 7/3.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Low musketfire scores compared to sailing ships. Galleys can take crew hits as crew or speed, since crew hits are mainly morale hits and speed hits are mainly the departure of prisoners or slaves. Perhaps gunboats take crew hits as crew and speed?