Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's on your workbench for September?

Thank you for the very kind words Roméo, much appreciated.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Really odd Dobbs.
    I could only see your printed message until I pressed edit and now your pictures are visible. They look very good and you would never guess that they were anything but the real McCoy.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now I owe you a thank you for the rep you have just given me Vol.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Dobbs.
    Now I have scrutinized your Brigs and looked at the stats, I think I will have a bash at doing Hornet. Looks as if I'm going to be doing a Spanker, so I will follow your lead and copy a Hebe one.
    Any idea of the hull coulor scheme I should use as I don't want to pinch your super blue and white one. Should I do it more like Thorn?
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Hi Dobbs.
    Now I have scrutinized your Brigs and looked at the stats, I think I will have a bash at doing Hornet. Looks as if I'm going to be doing a Spanker, so I will follow your lead and copy a Hebe one.
    Any idea of the hull coulor scheme I should use as I don't want to pinch your super blue and white one. Should I do it more like Thorn?
    Rob.
    Name:  20200930_190519.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  123.5 KB

Name:  20200930_190834.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  136.6 KB

Here, Rob, are my two American brigs. Both are from Thorns. I adjusted the sailing arcs slightly since the mainmast got moved farther aft.

For American naval ships, I have gone with the white lower masts and yards. The buff masts indicate privateers, though this is more of a guideline than a rule.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That will be very useful thanks Dobbs.
    Did yo shorten the hulls or are they as were?
    I will emulate what you have done. Could you post the ship mat for me to see the sailing arcs you have adopted more clearly. Then I will also use those to keep us in sync with each other.

Again thanks for all your help with this.
    Rob.