Greetings!

I'm a long-time, infrequent troll of this forum but recently registered as a member shortly after dipping my toe into the drink and diving in head first.

I enjoy playing many different kinds of wargames but mainly prefer them on the computer with the occasional battle using tabletop miniatures.

I spied Sails of Glory on the horizon ages ago and despite it being 'a natural fit' for my interests I inexplicably never gave it a serious look. After doing my research and checking out some excellent video reviews & battle reports I'm happy to say I am finally hooked!

Tragically, the combination of the pandemic and being forced to work from home for months on end has led to fiscal mischief. I find myself allocating funds that would otherwise be put towards my (now canceled) annual Mediterranean escape into the purchase of a starter set and a considerable number of ship packs (lets not even talk about my recent Wings of War/Glory purchases). My bank account is understandably upset but my gaming itch is glad to be getting scratched!

There are some local wargaming clubs but until life returns to normal I'm glad to have access to a close friend who is a huge fan of Patrick O'Brien and fellow wargamer as well as the great solo rules and apps!