Thread: Hello from Illinois

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Alex

Default Hello from Illinois

Hey everyone, I've been on the forums for a while, but decided now is as good of a time as any to start posting. I don't get to play the game quite as much as I would like, but love the miniatures and rules design compared to so many other games. It is the original interest that kicked off my deep dive into all things age of sail.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good day Alex.
    It is great to now be able to formally welcome you as one of the crew at the Anchorage. I'm sure you will need no introductions to what is on offer here, and I'm sure also that your shipmates will be along to welcome you as soon as their watch finishes.
    Until then sail safe with a fair wind.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bryan

Welcome aboard Alex! I share the same backstory as you. I've been a boardgamer for a long time. Sails of Glory came along and sparked a big interest of the history of sailing and warfare.

What are some of your favorite games?

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Alex

I would say I still play PC games primarily. For board games I tend to play shorter 2-player board games, especially in these times of quarantine (Hive, Lost Cities, Star Realms). I have been solidly impressed with Stuffed Fables recently (good simple stories and rules since its a pseudo kids game).

On the miniatures front, I have a decent collection of old games workshop stuff from when I was younger, but like OnePageRules in place of the official ruleset, and of course sails of glory. I have a bunch of other games across a variety of genres, but they are mostly collecting dust right now.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Welcome to the site, Alex, from the beautiful Hudson River Valley. You will find this site full of very helpful (and very nice) people. Happy gaming!
    Bill

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Alex, from here 'across The Pond' in the United Kingdom.