Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Default Blockade

Work on real sailboats is impacting time for little sailing ships.

Name:  20200622_212340.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  104.5 KB

Lexington and Saratoga ride at anchor off of Miller's Island, awaiting foul weather to run the blockade and harass English shipping.

Let's see some pictures of your ships, folks. Even if we don't have time to play, we can all daydream together!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for this encouragement Dobbs. I was just starting to think the same thing. I will get something other than production of my Xebec as soon as poss.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looking over the cards for the Xebecs I realized that I am building one Xebec Polacre which has the mixture of Lateen and square sails.
    Have you any thoughts on how this might influence her performance?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Work on real sailboats is impacting time for little sailing ships.

Name:  20200622_212340.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  104.5 KB

Lexington and Saratoga ride at anchor off of Miller's Island, awaiting foul weather to run the blockade and harass English shipping.

Let's see some pictures of your ships, folks. Even if we don't have time to play, we can all daydream together!
    I always wait for good, not foul weather to set sail

We can't get to our boat even though the yard is open because its a 5 hour drive there and we can't stay overnight. Hopefully come the 4th July things will change.

I've not had the little ships on the table for a game in an age off to Vietnam next to see if I can rescue a downed pilot.

Hopefully Lexington and Saratoga will get the weather they require and we will see them in their true element, being hounded by the British navy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Where have you got your boat stashed then John? Sounds like the South Coast to me.
    I hope you manage to get down to her soon.
    Rob.