Thread: What's on your workbench for June?

Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Dubourdieu View Post
    I have no word to describe the way this project takes shape. Absolutely astonishing. By the way, it looks so identical to the mountains in the background. It perfectly bends into it while it's not even painted yet. To the next step
    Thanks Romeo.
    I have Mrs Bligh (Speedwell Lass) to thank for the paint scheme. She advised me on the best colour match for the cliffs when we were at B&Q selecting the colours. Their match pots are only £1.50 a pot and have about three times as much paint as model shop paints at half the price, and they don't go off for years. The only down side is that their range is a bit limited.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thank you Sven.
    To think that had it not been for you and the Nile Battle this project would never have seen the light of dat.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Roméo

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Thanks Romeo.
    I have Mrs Bligh (Speedwell Lass) to thank for the paint scheme. She advised me on the best colour match for the cliffs when we were at B&Q selecting the colours. Their match pots are only £1.50 a pot and have about three times as much paint as model shop paints at half the price, and they don't go off for years. The only down side is that their range is a bit limited.
    Rob.
    Sorry to answer that late (I will be quite busy till early July). Well this is obviously a good compromise between the cost and the results ! The urban colour tones are looking great with the cliffs on the background. The brushing step is the icing on the cake !!

Hey Vol, great job with your ship too. I'm starting getting used to wonderful results from the modellers of this forum !! I know that's a detail but I really like the fact that the "sprit sail" (front sail if I'm correct with the English vocabulary) is lowered on your models unlike the Warlord's ones which always keep them rolled up. That is cool too but that's neater when lowered in my opinion !
    "Les passions sont les vents qui enflent les voiles du navire ; elles le submergent quelquefois, mais sans elles il ne pourrait voguer."
    "Passions are the winds that fill the sails of a ship ; they sometimes overwhelm her, but she could not sail without them."- Voltaire

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Today I have been mainly shopping for Epoxy glue and painting cannon.

Rob.
    Attached Images Attached Images