Thread: Ship Wrecked in the Pacific

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Default Ship Wrecked in the Pacific

Please see story of a contemporary sailboat ship wreck.....

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/h...=pocket-newtab

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Good story! Paper charts and a sextant, that's what we always tell our customers.

When Suzanne and I first went to sea, a customer of ours was inspired and decided to sail on an old wooden boat to Martha's Vineyard with a couple he met in a pub (their boat).

They were dismasted and engineless the first night in the Atlantic and had quite an adventure getting to Cape Cod. I wish I'd saved his letter summing up the trip.

Able Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Roméo

This story is bloodcurdling ! And definitely not the best place where you can experience that kind of misfortune !
    "Les passions sont les vents qui enflent les voiles du navire ; elles le submergent quelquefois, mais sans elles il ne pourrait voguer."
    "Passions are the winds that fill the sails of a ship ; they sometimes overwhelm her, but she could not sail without them."- Voltaire

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Thank you for sharing the story, Bill. I am glad that the crew manged to survive.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great narrative. If you read it in a sea story book you would never believe it.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Good story! Paper charts and a sextant, that's what we always tell our customers.
    Spot on Dobbs.
    That is all I had to get me to land after the mutiny.
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.