Thread: Official game mat?

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Adam

Default Official game mat?

I only found this game a few months back, and I’m wondering if I just got lucky and it coincided with a release of ships/supplies? I was hoping to buy a second mat and they seem to have vanished. Just curious if this is typically a game that is out of stock? Would you expect to see more shipping?

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Not until Alliance Distribution's warehouses reopen. What's out there at retail is all there's gonna be until then.

So far most of the game's history has been "feast or famine" cycles, with Starters unavailable for long periods.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Adam

Good to know that's the reason. Thanks!

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Assuming there are still any in the warehouse, that is... the mats were last run back in the original Kickstarter run IIRC.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

According to the Ares website, the game mats are still available. https://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

So, presumably they have some sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Many players use alternatives.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

If you want to know what alternatives are available Adam, have a look here:-

https://sailsofglory.org/showthread....ight=ship+mats

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    If you want to know what alternatives are available Adam, have a look here:-

https://sailsofglory.org/showthread....ight=ship+mats

Rob.
    Thanks! I have a family member in the printing business, so I'm going to also have him try and print the large map file from the files section (with the guide lines) to a thicker cloth and see how that works out. I'd love neoprene but I don't think he has that capability.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Several people over on thew Drome got their own designed mats printed on Mouse mat material. Not sure if that is feasable in your case Adam?

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Adam

Hey Rob. Help me out - what's the Drome?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dollburger View Post
    Hey Rob. Help me out - what's the Drome?
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/content.php