Thread: Lost at sea!

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Default Lost at sea!

Hi to anybody that stumbles upon this log entry.
    I have to admit I am lost. I am an not forum savvy at all, and have no idea what I am doing. Social media etc are a dark art to me and I have little to no understanding of the terms or the etiquette.
    I recently joined your 'club' so I guess that makes me a new member, and I am hoping this is where I introduce myself to you all. (If not, please accept my apologies for the intrusion)

I live in Watford in Hertforshire, (ENG). I have served as an infantry soldier in the British Army (Cold War) and a firefighter in the London Fire Brigade. I am now retired and spend my time running around after my family or painting miniatures and learning rules for war games.

I have owned Sails Of Glory for a good few years now, but I am only now getting into it. Hence my popping in to your 'club'

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Welcome to you Paul, if you have any questions just shout out someone will come along and give you an answer.
    Unfortunately due to current circumstances we have not got much planned show wise, there is a possibility we may have a presence at Colours and Warfare later this year, hopefully putting on a sails game if you can make it.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to have you alongside Paul.
    You came to exactly the right spot to introduce yourself to all your new shipmates.
    I can now formally welcome you to the Anchorage and I'm sure a lot more of your messmates will be along to do the same when they come off watch.
    meantime make yourself at home and if any questions arise shout out. one of us will be sure to help you out. Remember the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
    May you sail with a fair wind and a willing foe.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Roméo

Welcome to you, Paul, from a French mate ! Trust me, I am as new as you on this forum and you will very quickly find out how great the community is here and all the treasures it holds !
    "Les passions sont les vents qui enflent les voiles du navire ; elles le submergent quelquefois, mais sans elles il ne pourrait voguer."
    "Passions are the winds that fill the sails of a ship ; they sometimes overwhelm her, but she could not sail without them."- Voltaire

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Paul, from here near Norwich.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

"Give it a chance, you'll get used to it... or have a psychotic episode."--Agent Zed, MIB

Welcome Aboard from the cold, wet Hell that is Seattle.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.