Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Default Inaugural International SoG Round the Island Race

Here's something I'd like to try:

It will be a race, in real time, on this site. I will control the playing table. At the start of a turn, I will post pictures of the orientation of the ships. Players submit their card choices to me via PM's.

If this sounds appealing, the race shall start this Friday, at 10:00am EDT. Information and Racing rules will be posted here.

The race will be limited to the first 5 entrants. If you don't think you can commit to what might be a multi-hour adventure, consider being a spectator or signing up as a stand-in.

The race will feature my sailing angle cards, swapped decks for Concordes and Amazons, and variable wind direction.

Racers may choose between SoWs, Amazons, Concordes, and Hebes.

As part of the race, there is a target on the far side of the island to which each participant must inflict a certain amount of damage. SoWs and 32 gun frigates do reduced damage in their broadsides as discussed in other threads of mine.

If you are interested, post here which ship you would like to race.

Entrants must post here by 10:00am EDT Thursday.
    Last edited by Dobbs; 05-03-2020 at 19:02.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I will try to follow this race if I can Dobbs, but we will be up to our necks in the VE day celebrations on the crescent on Friday.
    We have worked out a way to have a street party and still keep social distancing in operation. I will of course be flying my Naval Ensign.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 05-04-2020 at 07:52.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I will try to follow this race if I can Dobbs, but we will be up to our necks in the VE day celebrations on the crescent on Friday.
    We have worked out a way to have a street party and still keep social distancing in opperation. I will of course be flying my Naval Ensign.

Rob.
    VE Day and reality definitely trump an online game! I was hesitant to post this idea because I prefer doing things in the real world, though I figure this race is kind of a hybrid.
    Last edited by Dobbs; 05-04-2020 at 07:41.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Dobbs,

Sorry to have missed as I've been in and out of the office and been absentee from these parts for a bit. Would be happy to partake if you have it another go!

Best,
    James