England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Corona Virus.

Shipmates who are on the quarintine ship,

I will now let you in on this advice.

I’m passing this on because it worked for me today. A doctor on TV said during the Corona Virus Epedemic lock down, in order to have inner peace in our lives, we should always finish things that we start. Since we could all use more calm in our lives, I looked around the house to find things I’d started and not finished. I finished a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, the mainder of Valiuminium scriptins an a box of choclutz. Yu has no idr how fablus I feel rite now, Sned this to all yur frenz
    who need inner piss, an telum u luvum.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Hahahaha I don't know how I missed this, nor why no one has jumped on this for comment! And afterall, it is such good advice too! I'll drink to that!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good man Vol. Have this one on me.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Name:  20190406_182407.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  140.0 KB
    Last edited by Volunteer; 05-07-2020 at 19:55.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here is another one.

Covid 19 Useful Tips:
    When you have washed your hands, rub them all over with sliced chillies. That will make you leave your face alone.

Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

--Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good one DB.
    Over here it is a fizzy drink!

Rob.

Some people aren’t shaking hands because of Coronavirus. I’m not shaking hands because everyone is out of toilet paper!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I read about that in the newspaper Vol.
    Rob.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Some people aren’t shaking hands because of Coronavirus. I’m not shaking hands because everyone is out of toilet paper!
    When you've spent time as an Armed Professional, 'social distancing' is not six feet but twenty-one. :p

"Watch the hands, hands kill. In God We Trust, everybody else keep your hands where I can see 'em!"--Clint Smith, retired USMC Drill Instructor; director, Thunder Ranch Academy
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Name:  FB_IMG_1589082517249.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  36.0 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The obvious answer Dave, and quite normal in society too when everyone wore a hat.
    Fortunately I still do so to shade my eyes from the light. I will adopt your suggestion.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    When you've spent time as an Armed Professional, 'social distancing' is not six feet but twenty-one. :p

"Watch the hands, hands kill. In God We Trust, everybody else keep your hands where I can see 'em!"--Clint Smith, retired USMC Drill Instructor; director, Thunder Ranch Academy
    Very true DB, and at 21 feet we are probably safe from the coughs and sneezes which also kill in this case. Unless of course we are downwind and there is a strong breeze. All good captains try to get the up wind position!

Rob.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    ........ 'social distancing' is not six feet but twenty-one. :p
    Tricky in a ship. Worse in a submarine

Midshipman
    Spain

Log Entries
    Name
    Ferrante

Today is my first day going outside my home or supermarket.
    I went to the beach, we have a sunny day with 25º . Nice sun and wind in my tanned skin

I liked the Tv doctor advise.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Tricky in a ship. Worse in a submarine
    Oh, there's always a way...
    "Saddam's mustard gas had nothing on a Walter fart!"--Achmed the Dead Terrorist

:D
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Does that trump bleach DB?

Rob.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

LOL

Random thought from a buddy: "Who died and made Bill Gates a medical expert? He couldn't even keep viruses out of Microsoft software."
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB

Able Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Roméo

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Name:  FB_IMG_1589082517249.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  36.0 KB
    Interesting and elegant. There is also that greeting way :
    Name:  3322ae4c469cc5fd57364ac1317b6048.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  36.7 KB
    "Les passions sont les vents qui enflent les voiles du navire ; elles le submergent quelquefois, mais sans elles il ne pourrait voguer."
    "Passions are the winds that fill the sails of a ship ; they sometimes overwhelm her, but she could not sail without them."- Voltaire

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

True, Romeo, and you probably suffer fewer total casualties than from the virus, with no elderly people like me aboard to worry about either.
    Rob.